I May Be Certifiable!
Ok, so I just spent the last couple of days in a training class for the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (
ITIL) foundations certification. I took the standardized test this morning to earn my certification. For those of you unfamiliar with
ITIL, it is a framework of
best practice approaches intended to facilitate the delivery of high quality
information technology (IT) services. It was developed about 10 years ago in Great Britain and is widely adopted throughout Europe. Being Americans, we have been stubborn in adopting this framework, especially since we didn't come up with it. The nature of the framework is very common sense if you have spent any time in an operations environment, but for some reason that didn't make the test any easier. Over the past couple of days I have spent time going through several practice test, passing each one with little problem. But when I got to the actual test, I right away noticed that the questions were much more vague and written in British "
English" which made things more confusing. Couple this with the fact that I usually bomb standardized tests and I am looking at a recipe for disaster. I am holding out hope that I passed and will not have to take it again. It will definitely be nice to have this certification since a lot of companies in the US are just starting to adopt it and will be looking for people who have experience with
ITIL. Definitely makes me more marketable! Well, I should know by Monday if I am certifiable or not. Stay tuned!
1 Comments:
hmm, now who's the geek?
hehe... seriously, though, i hope you passed! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home