Christmas Shopping and the Illini
Well its 14 days until Christmas and I am glad to say that I have most of my shopping done ahead of time this year. Usually I am still scrambling the day or so before the big day but with 14 days left I only have a couple of gifts to buy, not counting some stocking stuffers. This year I split this shoping between the online catelogs and "brick-and-mortar" stores. On-line is nice because I don't have to fight for parking at the mall and don't have to stand in line to buy my items but every now and then its still neat to get to the mall and wander around in the heavily decorated stores and soak in the holiday hustle and bustle. This year I have bought quite a bit more than I usually do. I think that is a combination of having new people to add to the list as well as a function of making more money than last year. I don't even want to add up what I have spent this year, lol. But in the end it is worth it to see how happy people are around the tree opening gifts. Especially when you hit the occasional home run and get them something they didn't ask for but really thought was a neat item to get.If you are like me you didn't think you would be writing about how this year's Illini have started out the season 10-0 and have moved themselves from 17th to 8th in the rankings and in first place in the Big Ten. Nope everyone, even myself I'm afraid, did not have high hopes for this Illini considering they lost most of their team from last year. But this year's new guys are picking up where the others left off in keeping the Illini in the winning column. Granted they are not as crisp a team as last years but I would argue they have just as much heart. They are winning the same way by playing solid team ball and hustling on defense. Its a testament to Bruce Weber's coaching that he can get these kids to buy into his system so early and get W's. And at the same time he is sending kids to the NBA in the first round draft. That just make's the Illini that much more attractive for potential recruits. So here is to Coach Weber, he's got me drinking the Kool Aide! Keep it up Illini!


2 Comments:
Christmas shopping with you rocks! Love ya, Linda
Looking forward to seeing you next weekend. We have the Christmas spirit at our house by now too. A. Rhonda
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home