Saturday, August 11, 2007

More the Iron Man than I'll Ever Be!

So now that I got my little race description out of the way, I would remiss to not give the loyal readers of this blog an account of something that dwarfs the muddy buddy. The day before my race in the Muddy Buddy, Kelly ran a half iron man triathlon in Benton Harbor, MI. For those of you unaware, a half Iron Man is a 1.2 Mile Swim, a 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run all done back to back to back. That's 70.3 miles total of non stop movement! She started the race off with the swim at around 7:30 in the morning and crossed the finish line 7 hours later. She looked great smiling and running out the final stretch where others were crossing with a look of agony Kelly looked like she could run another 13 miles!

I know she will try to down play all this but it took a ton of determination and a lot of adversity for her to sign up for this test of endurance and stick with all the training and mental preparation it would take to finish something this grueling. I know I am extremely proud of her and from the support she received by having her whole family there I can tell that everyone is proud of her! This will be an accomplishment we will all be able to look back on with pride. She was able to see this through to the end even while dealing with some adversity and distractions in other parts of her life and that to me is something to be admired. She is an amazing woman and I hope she realizes this and that when she puts her mind to it she can accomplish and over come anything!

2 Comments:

At August 11, 2007 at 8:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My God Heath...it made me exchusted just reading it! Slow down Kelly! jp

 
At August 13, 2007 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

thank you, hon, for the kind words and for all your support for this race. you were a big part of why i made it through.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home