Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bigfoot in the U.P.?


I just read a story on CNN.com (so it must be true) that researchers will be heading to Michigan's upper penisula to investigate possible evidence of Bigfoot's presence. They will be interviewing local's to determine if any sightings or evidence of the elusive creature are possible for that area. Are there any U.P. natives out there than can attest to any Bigfoot sightings? I thought it was interesting that they are looking in the upper midwest. Typically, I have always assumed that stuff like this would happen in the mountains.

8 Comments:

At June 27, 2007 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Ron must still have family up there after all... hah!

 
At June 27, 2007 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Mindy said...

oh hilarity abounds! in all honesty, he HAS heard things while camping in the woods (in northern lower michigan) - and he and his friends/family were able to rule out any of the wild animals they are familiar with (i.e. bears, cougars, Ron's dad...) and THEN we saw a bigfoot documentary on TV - and the sound they recorded in the woods... was the SAME SOUND....

So if bigfoot is near Benzonia, I'm sure the UP is littered with them... so much unsettled territory...

 
At June 27, 2007 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Ron said...

Yeah ... Mindy basically wrote everything I was going to write.

That was the strangest sound that I've ever heard in the wild, and I've heard quite a few sounds. It was also super wierd to hear that same sound on a documentary later. It convinced me!

Not sure about any bigfoots in the UP. I've seen deer (duh), bear, and cougar up there. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were bigfoots (okay, am I stating that correctly ... bigfoots?) in the UP. After all, they are in Northern MI.

 
At June 28, 2007 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

bigfeet?

yeah, i know i get the heebie jeebies when i remember that story. *shudder* maybe we should all go take a super duper rustic camping trip up that way and see if we can make nice with them.

 
At July 2, 2007 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Mindy said...

ron has been "researching" (Internet research) bigfoot/sasquatch sightings and found AUDIO clips to see if he could match what he heard in the woods that night.... Fa-REAKY. He kept playing it and I was like, "Seriously Ron, do not play that clip one more time at that volume!" Some in Kent County (where we live). It's super duper scary and we found all these websites with testimonials, and even a footprint cast!... someone saw an upright walking figure that *towered* over late-season corn (making it at least 9 feet tall).... ooooohhhhhh. It's out there, man...

 
At July 2, 2007 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Mindy said...

i just realized that i used the phrase "super duper" right after kelly used it. totally unintentional. sorry about that... :P

 
At July 5, 2007 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Ron said...

Hey Heath! Maybe those glowing eyes that you saw at your parents house was actually BIGFOOT!

 
At July 5, 2007 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Heath said...

hhhmmmm it never occurred to me that the "Farm Monster" could be bigfoot. Mainly because there aren't a lot of wooded areas for one to hide, but one never knows. Another option could be the Chupa Cabre. Yikes! ***Que X-Files Theme Music***

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home