Time to Serve the Time
Ok, so normally, I don't get all caught up in what is going on in the personal lives of celebrities, but when I saw this on cnn.com I had to post something. So if you haven't heard Paris Hilton was sentenced to 45 days in jail for violating her probation (twice) for driving while intoxicated several months before. Well, apparently after 3 days in the county jail she came down with an "undisclosed" medical condition and the Sheriff concluded that she could serve out the remainder of her sentence under house arrest in the cramped conditions of her 4 bedroom 3 bath home in Beverly Hills. After hearing this, the judge who had sentenced her immediately ordered to appear in court where he informed her that she would in fact serve out the remainder of her sentence in jail. If you read the entire article you will see where she is sobbing throughout the hearing and repeatedly screams out that "its not fair" and calls for her mom in the audience. Seriously, is this pathetic or what? Let this be a lesson to those who spoil the crap out of their kids and never make them accountable for their actions. If you do they grow up to be 20 somethings who have the emotional and mental capacity of a 12 year old spoiled teenager! Not only was her conduct pathetic and embarrassing, but the fact that she only got a 45 day sentence after multiple violations of her probation is deplorable. Let's face it, if anyone of the rest of us working stiffs would have done even a percentage of what she did the sentence would have been several times that (we're talking years). The fact that she only got probation for driving drunk is ridiculous. Then to top it off, does she recognize her mistake and try and make amends by thanking her lucky stars it was only a 45 day sentence and just do her time? Nope, she pulls some high level strings and does her best to get out of it. I have no doubt, based on her reaction in court that she feels that she did nothing wrong and thinks that she deserves better treatment than everyone else, but that's what happens when you are raised to be a princess and that rules don't apply to you. I thank the judge for putting her back in the pen, but in all honesty he should have given her a more realistic sentence than 45 days. Although, there are enough Paris Hilton, fan club whack-jobs out there that are probably writing death threats to the poor guy as I write this!


2 Comments:
I was also very disappointed in her - I (foolishly) was hoping she'd play it "cool" and turn her prison experience into an opportunity to increase her "street cred"... or maybe make it into a reality show... Unfortunately, I think she'll still find a way to weasel out of her punishment to an extent. That's hot.
I concur. Yeah, must suck for her that for once, the rules apply for her. I also wonder how many of her "messes" have been swept under the rug before the public caught wind of it. She finally messed up enough times and with enough severity that they couldn't NOT punish her. Yeah, jail sucks. Deal with it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home