Cubs Coming Unhinged
Well, its becoming very apparent that this team is pretty much the biggest bunch of under achievers this organization has ever seen. I just read today that Carlos Zambrano, having another terrible outing, giving up 7 runs got into a scuffle with his catch Michael Barrett in the dug out during the game today. Its getting relatively sad to watch this team bungle its way through one game after another. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that the Tribune went out and spent money on some real talent this year and brought in a proven manager to pull it all together. But what do I see, one fundamental blunder after another and a manager who seems increasingly more baffled with each interview. Yep I think this club has just lost for so long that they don't know how to be successful. All this is coming off a "players only team meeting" that the club had two games ago to discuss how they were going to turn things around. After that they have gone out and promptly gotten blown out in 2 consecutive games.The one positive of the scuffle in the dug out is that at least the team seems to finally be showing some emotion for the first time and one can only hope that they are finally getting so tired of losing that they are going to get fired up and light a fire under some butts. Too long this season I have paid, again raised ticket prices only to watch the team sleep walk through each game. Its frustrating and embarrassing. The only saving grace we have at this point is that we are in a terrible division and within striking distance of first, but a lot has to change before I will give us much of a chance at this point. I am tired of the lovable losers and I am ready for some hatable winners!


3 Comments:
lou losing it (which was AWESOME) seems to have formed a spark. we'll see if it lasts!
I just heard from someone today that Lou told a media outlet that he was planning on getting ejected one way or another before the game. Take some of the luster away from what he did, but I agree it seems to have lit a fire under some buts. Since then the Cubs offense has put up 17 runs in two game and pitching/defense has only allowed 3 over the same period. Hopefully they can keep it up. They have a lot of ground to make up!
darn, i almost didn't post that comment yesterday because i was afraid i would jinx. them...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home