March of Dimes Walk America
Yesterday I signed up to participate in the March of Dimes Walk America event. This 10k walk is set up to raise money for the March of Dimes. Their mission is:To improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. We carry out this mission through research, community services, education and advocacy to save babies' lives. March of Dimes researchers, volunteers, educators, outreach workers and advocates work together to give all babies a fighting chance against the threats to their health: prematurity, birth defects, low birthweight.
Toward the end of last year I lost my nephew Samuel to complications from premature birth. I joined the March of Dimes effort in the hopes that I can do a small part to help researchers prevent complications from birth defects and premature birth. I have pledged to raise $500 dollars before the walk on April 29, 2007. If you would like to sponsor me in this walk you can make a donation at: http://www.walkamerica.org/HeathPort
Your generosity will go towards helping the March of Dimes save babies. I am dedicating my walk to Samuel.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home