Thursday, July 07, 2005

There and Back Again, An Analyst's Tale....

Well, the last few weeks have been very busy, hence the lack of posts. So, let me start at the beginning. It all started with my 10 day trip to Canada. I drove to West Central Ontario with my parents and their dog Tommy. It was a long drive to just north of Vermillion Bay, ON to Nothern Lights camp on Cedar Lake. We spent about 5 or 6 days there with minimal luck fishing. Caught a few here and there and most of them were small. Mom caught one nice fish that we mistakenly had her throw back because we thought it was in the restricted size limit, but turns out wasn't. So she had to through back a 22 inch walleye. Sorry mom :(. As I was saying the fishing was really slow and by Wednesday we had enough. Through talking to our neighbors at the camp we found out that there was a huge reservoir just north called Lac Suel where the fishing had been pretty good. So we made the decision to pull up stakes and try our last few days a Lac Suel. We found a new camp called Golden Fawn and on the first trip out on Lac Suel we hit pay dirt. Right away I dropped a jig with a bare hook in the water while mom and dad were getting situated and actually caught a little walleye! That turned out to be just the beginning. We spent the next few hours pulling in one fish after another. Most of them were smaller but it was just to be finally catching fish. We did take home a few nice ones that day. I caught a 24 inch walleye (biggest of the week) and an 18 incher and mom took home a 21 incher. Dad was reeling in a lot of nice eatin size fish too. On that Thursday we went out and spent more time exploring. It turned out to be close to 100 degrees that day so we pulled of and did some swimming. Finally on Friday we go some weather that was normal for Ontario in the summer (60 degrees). We got out and did a little more fishing and caught a few more to bring home. Saturday we packed up and headed back to the states stopping a few times to buy souveniers and stuff. I picked up a really cool Roku box made by a native from Manitoba. If you ever stop by I will show it to you. We got back into Lyndon on Sunday and I loaded up my Jeep and made the last 3 hour drive back to Chicago. Canada was a beautiful country and I look forward to getting back there again sometime.

After being home for a couple of days I turned back around and flew to New York for work. This was my first trip to the Empire State but didn't get much time to see it. On Wednesday we flew out but our flight was delayed for 3 hours and then we had to sit on the plane on the tarmack for 2 more hours because of bad weather in NY. We finally got in late and had just enough energy to eat and go to bed. So no time to get into Manhattan :(. The next morning we had to be at the IBM research center at 8 AM and had a full day of presentations. At 6 PM we had to rush off to Luguardia to catch our flight. We literally ran through the airport and got the last 2 seats on the flight. We finally touched down in Chi-town at 10 PM. 2 days later Clay and his girlfriend came to Chicago and we took the train to the Loop where we walked to Millinium Park for lunch and then took the free trolley to The Shedd Aquarium. From there we walked to Navy Pier for dinner and to watch the fireworks. On Sunday I drove to Champaign to see Linda and spent time with my friends Linda and Trevis. We went to the drive inn to see War of the Worlds. Its been getting mixed reviews but I liked it. We grilled out at the movie and caught up with friends. Monday we did some shopping and then I drove home.

This last week I have been spending a lot of time getting caught up at work and helping Linda get moved into her new apartment in Chicago. I have been so tired that I passed up an invite to go down to the Green Mill (old Capone hang out) for drinks.

Well, that's the scoopy scoop as they say. Hope that catches me up!

4 Comments:

At July 7, 2005 at 9:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

 
At July 7, 2005 at 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was beginning to think you were never going to post again:) Glad you had a good time with us. Love, Mom

 
At July 8, 2005 at 6:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life has been pretty interesting for you lately I'd say! Fun reading what you've been up to - have to wonder otherwise. A. Rhonda

 
At July 8, 2005 at 10:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post Heath! I sent two last night but didn't go thru so sent the "Hi" one and it went. Oh Well! Were busy trying to make our grass green for the up coming week....wish me "Luck"! Love g/ma

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home