Did You Vote?
Kelly and I got up early this morning and walked over to the Baptist Church a block from our apartment to vote. We got there around 6:30 AM and there was a small line out the door. It took us about 25 minutes or so to make it through the line and fill out our ballots. The line didn't seem bad to me considering what the news was predicting for turn out, but while in line I overheard one of the volunteers say that this is the busiest he has ever seen it the early in the morning. Personally, I think our line was a little shorter because so many people voted early this year and there are a large number of voting stations around Evanston which helps spread people out.It is definitely nice to have it out of the way. Now I can just sit back at home tonight and watch things unfold. If you are a registered voter and haven't voted yet I encourage you to get out and exercise your civic duty. Its a great freedom we have in this country and I am really happy to see so many people interested in the process, whether they agree with my views or not, having this many people energized can only mean good things for our country in the long run! We should all continually take a vested interest in our how our country is run every day not just on election days!
God Bless America!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home