Thank You Mr. McCain
I just want to take a moment to thank Sen. John McCain. As I pointed out in my last post, I think too much of American elections get bogged down in mud slinging and name calling that is emotionally charged and has no real basis in fact, other than people just want something to hate and don't want to take the time to educate themselves on the real issues. I have seen John McCain repeatedly rise above this. He has had many opportunities and has been pushed by many Republican leaders, including his own running mate, to take the low road and encourage a lot of false information about Sen. Barack Obama. He to me, has represented what American politics should be about. Integrity and keeping it about the issues. I do not know who will win this election, but I will say this, I am very proud of the two candidates we have running for President today. They both have shown much more integrity than a our last few Presidential candidates and I can only hope that we have more leaders like this in our country's future. It would be a shame if the winner of this campaign couldn't find a way to work the runner up into a prominent role, but my guess is that pride will keep that from happening. So my hat is off to you Mr. McCain for standing up to the slimy tactics that are being pushed at you. I hope you always keep that stance throughout these elections. Even if it seems tempting to fall into this path when the polls are against you.Here is an article that somewhat illustrates what I am talking about.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home