Friday, October 03, 2008

Why You Never Take their Word for It!

Ok, so I haven't posted on here in a long time, and I hope to get back into it and get my creative writing skills flowing since my new job requires a large amount of writing. At any rate, I wanted to put this post out here for all of those interested in the upcoming elections. I attempt to take no side here. After each debate there are groups that conduct fact checks on what each candidate said during the debates and attempts to shed light on inaccuracies or in some cases blatant lies. I found this article through the associated press on Yahoo! News today. It goes point by point through both Gov. Sarah Palin's and Sen. Joe Biden's claims made during the debate. You will see that both candidates made false claims or at the very least bent the truth. This is why I have been stressing to people for so long that you have to do your own homework during elections season. I feel that too many people just blindly listen to what either the media or their candidate tells them. More times than not there is more misinformation out there than actual clear truth. I encourage any one who reads this to dig for yourself before making that important decision on November 4. Look into the candidates past records, see what decisions they have made in the past and try to understand why they made them. Don't get your information solely from the media, talk show hosts, or celebrities. Everyone has their own personal stake in this process and they are only going to try to get you to vote the way they want you too. You can't be an informed voter unless you get off your butt and do your own unbiased research. You may find that it will open your eyes! I am not advocating the AP or Yahoo! News as a single source of information. I am just using this article as one example of why each individual needs to do their own homework. Do the homework and get out and vote!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 3, 2008 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I agree with you, hon. The media isn't as unbiased as people believe it to be. It would be great if we could rely on an independent unbiased entity to help us sift through fact, fiction, and part-fiction. There is so much information coming at us at any one time about any of the 4 major characters here that it's overwhelming! I'm going to do my best to try to base my decision on the debates (when the info is factual) rather than on media info. Of course, I supplement the info I take in when attempting to reach a decision with the Daily Show and Colbert Report commentaries for a few laughs. :) It seems to me that the "fake" news is no more or less biased than the "real" news. So, their presentations don't feed into my decisions, but they sure are entertaining!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home