Good Bye Old Friend
You have shined light in scary places, allowed me to read when night falls, helped me find my way while driving through dark countrysides. Now my ideas will have more a florescent glow about them.
With the passing of a new energy law, by Congress, the old school incandescent bulb will be phased out in U.S. markets by 2012. This will make way for the longer life, energy saving CFL bulbs. Here is an article on the phase out and some commonly asked questions about the new CFL bulbs.
Personally, I think it is for the best, and as mass manufacturing occurs for these bulbs I am sure the price will come down.
Labels: conservation, environment, governement


4 Comments:
yeah, i don't love that the cfl's are a little harsher looking, but they are SO much better across the board, plus they're making them seem less obnoxious nowadays... though our hallway is much MUCH brighter than it used to be... still getting used to that
Our house is full of them and we're pretty used to it... I think they'll probably come up with some way to make them "warmer" in the future... which I would like. Also, I'd like it if they could make them have less buzzing when on a dimmer.....
We've started using them also. They don't work so well in the barn when its cold. They take a few minutes to warm up before they put off much light, but seem to work well in the house.
Mom
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing with the lights on the outside of our house. They seem dimmer.
It is pretty weird to think that the old incandescent bulbs will soon be gone forever.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home