Saturday, March 07, 2009

Visiting the Southwest for Work, Wedding Registering, and Lasik

I see its been about a week since I last posted. Its been fairly hectic over the past few days. Finally, had my first team meeting with my new team at work. We recently underwent a reorganization and I am not part of the Office of the CEO working on corporate strategy for my company. I am looking forward to continuing the strategy work I have been doing since last fall and taking on some new and exciting challenges with the team. Wednesday afternoon I flew down to Albuquerque, NM to meet with one of our departments that is located in our New Mexico headquarters. I was down there until Friday afternoon. It was my first trip to Albuquerque and I have to say the folks down there are super friendly. Everyone I met was helpful, cheerful and just generally interested in getting to know you. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that they get about 350 days of sunshine every year! I am hoping to get back down there some time for vacation. It was a really nice trip.

While I was out of town, Kelly had her eyes tested to see if she was eligible for Lasik surgery. It turns out she was and today she had the procedure done. She currently sleeping so her eyes have some time to heal and by tomorrow she should be able to see without glasses or contacts for the first time since she was 11!

Before the surgery we spent some time starting our first wedding registry at Bed Bath & Beyond. We found several items to scan onto our list but ran out of time before her appt so we will need to go back to finish up our list. We also plan to register at Macy's and Carson Pirie Scott (Bergner's). We are hoping that between these 3 locations our guests will have plenty of options in their respective towns. If Kelly is feeling good enough tomorrow we hope to go back out to get some more registering completed since she has some wedding showers coming up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home