Friday, February 27, 2009

As part of my company's health benefits website we have a tool called the Health Risk Assessment (HRA) that asks you a series of lifestyle questions to determine your overall health score. I took it for the first time in 2007 and just retook it today and my score improved 10 points from the last time I took it. The only thing I scored really low on was my nutrition, so I need to take greater steps here to improve. Mostly in increasing fiber consumption and maybe cutting some fat intake according to the detailed report. And it looks like I can do a little work on my stress level and life load, but according to the detailed assessment these I don't need to worry about too much just need to be aware of them so they don't get out of control.

Here is the overview of my score:



The change column is the number change since the last time I took the assessment for that category. Weight score is based on BMI. The last time I took it I was at 170, but this time I was at 169 (according to the scale this morning), so you can tell I float that cut off way too close. I think if I can keep staying away from junk food and high fat foods and keep the exercise up and keep getting the same amount of sleep I could really be a whole new person in the next few months! I think I am going to take a closer look at the foods we buy and see if there is any way to revamp that. If we get in the habit of looking ahead to meals it could help from just eating fast and easy (pizza, carry-out, etc). I think we could find healthy foods that we still like too.
Oh, and another great thing about this HRA tool is that my company gives us a $100 credit towards fitness related purchases for taking the test once each year. I think I am going to use the money to get some new running shoes this year. I will need them later this summer!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home