Tuesday, January 11, 2005

New Year New Job...

Well, here I am with another long awaited post. Trying to start the new year off fresh and maybe even keep this thing updated. It's not like I have a good excuse like I am in the field training for the military or anything thing :) (See http://sgtport.blogspot.com) Well, as of January 17th I will be making my transition from data analyst in Allstate Financial to the broader world of Allstate Enterprise Technology as a Research Analyst with the Strategy and Planning group. This is good move for me and will allow me to hone some of the business skills that I am going to need to push my career forward (e.g. competitive intelligence, business analysis, business strategy, etc...). It will be exciting and somewhat new territory for me and I am looking forward to making the most of it.

Also, with the new year we see that the Illini are still solidly atop the rankings as the #1 team in the country (in your face Dick Vitale!!!) and are still undefeated at 16-0! Though I am sure that over the next few weeks the Big Ten will take its toll on my beloved Illini. Though in the long this will be good. The Illini need a few close games (and even, dare I say, a loss) to prepare them mentally for the big dance in March. Though every time I expect them to fall apart and start playing selfishly or lazily they surprise me with another inspired effort. It really has a been a pure joy to watch them play this year and I have a feeling it will be the most memorable season Illini fans will see in awhile. Well, I better get back my lunch. Hope all is well with my readers! And remember...GO ILINI!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At January 12, 2005 at 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey heath its clay just wanted to say poop!!! :) talk to you later

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home